This Tranquillity Head and Neck Massage is a natural, complementary therapy derived from an ancient Indian daily ritual of head massage from mother to daughter. It’s part of the Ayurvedic system of healing (translated as “science of life”) which has been practised in India for over a thousand years.
The head, neck and shoulders are the most important energy centres within your body. Think for a moment, when you are stressed or angry where does the tension seem to accumulate? Yes, in the neck, shoulders or in the form of a headache. In extreme cases it can manifest itself as hair loss! Indian Head Massage involves working with a firm and gentle rhythm to help unknot blockages and so relieve this uncomfortable tension.
The head and hair are very sensitive as they are full of nerve endings. This makes them very receptive to touch, massaging the head and hair is deeply soothing and relaxing.
This can help to:
– Improve blood circulation to the head and neck area before speeding up the interchange of oxygen, nutrients, carbon dioxide and waste
– Improve lymphatic drainage from the head and neck so aiding the removal of waste and toxins
– Relieve tension in muscle tissue
– Scalp stimulation increasing blood circulation, promoting healthy hair
– Helps improve mobility in the neck and shoulder area
– Relieve mental and physical strain improving concentration
– Relieve eyestrain, migraine, headaches, sinusitis, congestion and insomnia
– Calm the respiratory system, helping asthma
For prices and to book CLICK HERE
Need something different? Check out our Massage Eastbourne page for a list of our other massage treatments.